Tax Matters Policy
Among others, companies have an corporate social responsibility to appropriately honor their tax liabilities in the countries and areas in which they conduct their business activities. Therefore, we have determined and subsequently implement the "JXTG Group Tax Matters Policy," as follows:
- 1.we comply with the relevant tax laws and regulations in the countries and areas in which we conduct our business activities;
- 2.we conduct our business activities in accordance with the purposes of the rules regarding international tax matters (such as the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and Tax Administrations and the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Project);
- 3.through continuous training concerning tax matters and other relevant training, we make efforts to maintain and improve our awareness of tax compliance;
- 4.by using the Advance Pricing Arrangement and other relevant systems, we attempt to obtain agreement with tax authorities, and make efforts to reduce risks and optimize costs; and
- 5.at the request of tax authorities, we timely and properly provide them with necessary information.