JXTG Group Human Rights Policy
The JXTG Group conducts its business activities under the JXTG Group Philosophy, which states that we will contribute to the development of our communities and help ensure a vibrant future through creation and innovation in energy, resources, and materials.
This policy was formulated as a guideline for promoting respect for human rights across the entire Group and fulfilling related obligations pursuant to the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
1. Basic Approach
The JXTG Group fully recognizes that human rights must be respected in all of the countries and regions where it conducts its business activities.
2. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
The JXTG Group complies with the laws, ordinances and regulations applicable in the countries and regions where it conducts its business activities. In addition, the JXTG Group will pursue a method for respecting international principles on human rights in case of a contradiction between internationally recognized human rights and the laws and regulations of each country and region.
3. Respect for International Norms on Human Rights
The JXTG Group supports and respects the International Bill of Human Rights (consisting of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights), which stipulates the fundamental human rights of all people, along with international norms on human rights such as the Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work of the International Labour Organization, which sets forth fundamental labor rights, and the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families, the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, and the Children’s Rights and Business Principles. As a participant in the UN Global Compact, we support and respect the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact.
4. Fulfillment of Responsibility to Respect Human Rights
The JXTG Group is committed to upholding human rights. If it is determined that our business activities cause or have caused adverse impacts on human rights, we will take appropriate action to remedy such impacts in accordance with our responsibility to respect human rights. As part of our efforts, the JXTG Group will promote the following initiatives.
- Human Rights Due Diligence
- The JXTG Group will establish and continually implement a mechanism for human rights due diligence. Human rights due diligence refers to the continuous process of conducting preventive surveys and investigations, rectifying issues using appropriate means, and disclosing the progress and results of such externally, in order to prevent or mitigate possible adverse impacts on human rights caused by the company.
- Dialogue and Discussions
- The JXTG Group conducts in earnest dialogue and discussions with relevant stakeholders to ensure that it comprehends and addresses the impacts it has on human rights from the perspective of those affected.
The JXTG Group will provide appropriate training to its officers and employees to ensure that this policy is incorporated into the business activities of all companies belonging to the JXTG Group.
6. Information Disclosure
The progress and results of initiatives for respect for human rights under this policy will be disclosed on our website and in reports, among other media.
7. Applicable Scope
This policy applies to all officers and employees of the JXTG Group. All business partners involved in the JXTG Group’s business activities will be asked to cooperate with this policy.
This policy supplements the provisions of the JXTG Group Philosophy and the JXTG Group Code of Conduct.